Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Adaptation to "Sula"



I found this short clip adaptation to Morrison's novel, "Sula," and I think it hits the book right on. At least in my perception of it. It begins when Sula returns to the Bottom, and visits Nel at her home. And ends when Jude returns home and tells the women about his day at work.

The cinematography is very simple, but the execution of the actors is flawless. I haven't been able to find any other adaptations like this of Morrison's other works. Has anyone else run into anything other short film adaptations of her novels? I'm not looking for whole movies based on one of her books, but just small clips reenacting scenes from her novel. I would love the links if you have them!

P.S. Is it just me or does the still frame from the clip above remind you of the cover of Erykah Badu's Worldwide Underground?

No comments:

Post a Comment