Thursday, March 12, 2009

What's This Blog About?

First off, I'd like to state that I am in no way, shape or form a Toni Morrison scholar. I have read a decent amount of her work, and more criticism than I would have liked but I have no claim to be all knowing on the subject of her or all her works- although I am very opinionated. The reason for creating this blog is to offer a very informal database on her novels, short stories, and other literary works for the enjoyment and useful of others interesting in her and her work. It's also part of a school project, although I want to somehow keep it going afterwards.

In theory, I want this page to be Wiki-like in that I'm open to the idea of others writing their thoughts, opinions, and any type of information not just in the form of comments but in posting blogs directly on the site as well. I don't want this blog to be too serious, but I still want it to be informative and credible. If you'd like to contribute and share ideas via this blog, just shoot me and e-mail with your ideas and I'm more than willing to share the blog space. I'm horrible with long-term commitments like this so the more people involved in the site, the better.

That's my intro the database. Again, if you want to get involved feel free to let me know!


MorrisonScholar@live.com

No comments:

Post a Comment